The courts are now open for play, however, there are a number of rules and regulations put in place by Tennis Victoria & the Government which we have to adhere too. We must all take responsibility to minimise the effects and spread of Covid-19 within the tennis club. If we don’t then we will be shut down again, and we don’t want that to happen.
Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days or have even mild flu-like symptoms.
Tennis provides great opportunities to be active in an environment that can enable social distancing rules to be observed.
By following Return-to-Tennis-Guidelines, Clarinda Tennis Club is able to provide playing opportunities to our community to help boost both physical health and mental wellbeing.
What we need to do:
1. We would like all members to sign up to the Governments COVID Safe Tracking App to assist with participant tracking in case of a member coming into contact with another person who has a positive COVID-19 test result.
2. YOU MUST BOOK A COURT. ONLINE BOOKING NOW AVAILABLE. You can’t just turn up, pick a court and play. There is a limit to the number of people allowed on the courts at any one time. If you are having trouble with the online booking system you can ring 0422 296 622 or 0403 612 369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to get back to you asap, however, if you can give us a day or two’s notice that would be better.
3. Some courts will be used for coaching purposes – these will be blocked out and you will not be able to book those times.
4. You must supply your own balls. We can sell you a can of 4 new balls for $10. Ring or email as per above.
5. No baskets, buckets or bags of balls please – 4 balls if possible, 8 maximum.
6. Access to the facility is via the small gate only.
7. There is no access to the clubhouse at all.
8. No spectators – only players allowed. Only people who are playing or coaching should be on the premises. Everyone must arrive and leave as close as possible to when they need to be at the courts. There should be no off-court gatherings. Get in, play, and get out.
9. Emergency use of the toilets only. If you use the toilets don’t forget they need to be locked immediately after use.
10. Bring your own sanitiser & make sure you use it regularly. Wash/sterilise your hands before and after play. Avoid touching your face. Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow. Be aware of what surfaces you touch.
11. Do not use drinking fountains, please bring your own drinking bottle filled from home.
12. Social distancing – keep 1.5 metres away from other people both on and off the court. Remember, no handshakes or high fives.
There is no competition being played at the moment, so courts are available at any time. However, coaching is back on so there are no courts available Monday to Friday between 3.30pm. & 6.00pm
Marco will be sending information out regarding coaching himself.
Visitors – you can bring a visitor to hit with but you MUST MUST MUST pay the $5 visitors fee BEFORE YOU GO ON THE COURT AND RECORD IT IN THE VISITORS BOOK in top drawer of cabinet under kitchen window.
Money can be transferred directly to our bank account BSB 063121 Account No. 10281838 Reference “your name – visitor” or you can put the money and your name in the plastic bag and put it in the black safe, located on the ground, in the corner, under the kitchen window.
Lights can be used up to 10pm.
You must have $2 coins with you and put the money in the light box to operate lights. If you want to know any more details on using the lights, please contact me on the numbers or email above. You still need to BOOK A COURT for this as well.
We will be using the surveillance cameras & doing drive by’s, so don’t think you will be able to get away with just turning up. You will be caught and you will be suspended.
Membership fees will be sent out when due. You will see that they have been reduced by the number of months the club has been shut down.
Please also download WhatsApp onto your phones so we can send you quick updates on what is happening around the club.
For More information Click the links below: