The courts are now open for play, however, there are a number of rules and regulations put in place by Tennis Victoria & the Government which we have to adhere too. We must all take responsibility to minimise the effects and spread of Covid-19 within the tennis club. If we don’t then we will be shut down again, and we don’t want that to happen.
Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days or have even mild flu-like symptoms.
Tennis provides great opportunities to be active in an environment that can enable social distancing rules to be observed.
By following Return-to-Tennis-Guidelines, Clarinda Tennis Club is able to provide playing opportunities to our community to help boost both physical health and mental wellbeing.
Current Rules are:
Clubhouse is closed – toilets may be used.
You must have the Service Victoria App – there are QR codes at all gates – you must sign in using the QR code before entering the complex.
Face masks are required in indoor spaces only for ages 12+ (unless a medical exemption applies)
Participants must carry proof of vaccination and may be required to show this to an authorised officer or committee member at any time.
In the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that they are exempt from receiving a Covid-19 vaccine, they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
Everyone is encouraged to practice COVIDSafe Principles
If anyone has any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we need to do:
1. All members to have the Service Victoria App and sign in using the QR code which is displayed at all gates.
2. YOU MUST BOOK A COURT ONLINE. You can’t just turn up, pick a court and play.
If you are having trouble with the online booking system you can ring 0422 296 622 or email email@example.com
We will do our best to get back to you asap, however, if you can give us a day or two’s notice that would be better.
3. Some courts will be used for coaching purposes – these will be blocked out and you will not be able to book those times.
4. You must supply your own balls. We can sell you a can of 4 new balls for $10. Ring or email as per above.
5. No baskets, buckets or bags of balls please – 4 balls if possible, 8 maximum.
6. Make sure you bring some sanitiser and use it regularly – particularly before & after play. Avoid touching your face. Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow. Be aware of what surfaces you touch.
7. Please bring your own drinking bottle filled from home.
8. Social distancing – keep 1.5 metres away from other people both on and off the court. Remember, no handshakes or high fives.
Visitors – you can bring a visitor to hit with but you MUST MUST MUST pay the $5 visitors fee BEFORE YOU GO ON THE COURT AND RECORD IT IN THE VISITORS BOOK in top drawer of cabinet under kitchen window.
Money can be transferred directly to our bank account BSB 063121 Account No. 10281838 Reference “your name – visitor” or you can put the money and your name in the plastic bag and put it in the black safe, located on the ground, in the corner, under the kitchen window. Direct transfer to bank account is preferred.
Lights can be used up to 10pm.
You must have $2 coins with you and put the money in the light box to operate lights. If you want to know any more details on using the lights, please contact me on the numbers or email above. You still need to BOOK A COURT for this as well.
We will be using the surveillance cameras & doing drive by’s, so don’t think you will be able to get away with just turning up. You will be caught and you will be suspended.
Membership fees will be sent out when due. You will see that they have been reduced by the number of months the club has been shut down.
Please also download WhatsApp onto your phones so we can send you quick updates on what is happening around the club.
For More information Click the links below: